Sorry for the radio silence in the past few months! I’m alive ‘n kicking (in case you were wondering 😛 ), and yes, still a manga-crazy 🙂
I haven’t been able to spare time for them recently, however, and that is why I haven’t tinkered with MC. I did read your mails and feedbacks, and I’m not sure if I should be happy so many people use MC, or upset that I let all of you down… #bittersweetIndeed
I am writing this to assure that I will be back with a new version. MC has stopped working because the host sites have changed drastically (again) which means I have to change the source code… again. It needs some time, and presently I am a bit swamped what with my official work (hehe) and academics (my end terms are on the horizon). However, I will try and squeeze this in and release an update as soon as I can.
Thank you for understanding, and supporting me as you do! It is always a pleasure when you guys drop me a line, even when it is to complain that MC broke 😀 It tells me that there is one more person out there who is interested in MC… and keeps me going.
So please hang in there, and don’t give up on MC!
Merry Christmas guys! It’s my favorite time of the year even though I’m not Christian – I mean who can resist the Christmas trees, the carols, the reindeer! (Goofy, wacky grin right here). And it also signifies that the year’s ending, so we can leave behind all our worries and stride into the next year and start afresh! (Well, one can hope, right!)
Anyway, I won’t chatter much and give you guys the news: MC v5.3 is here!
I wish I didn’t have to number it so… I haven’t added any new features. It’s just MangaFox that works; I could spare only an hour so it was the most I could do… But I indeed have fixed the trailing .tokenxyz issue that was present, and hopefully you guys will find that the images are named in a more consistent fashion.
But I hope you can find the mangas you want on MangaFox for now, and I will incrementally work on the other sites and release in a couple of weeks or so (I’m all booked for the New Years’ weekend, sorry fellas!).
So Merry Christmas guys, and this Santa brings y’all MC v5.3 🙂
To all the people who have visited my website to report the news, thank you all and sorry it has taken me this long to respond! No, the “website staff” has not vanished… because, well, I’m the lone ranger 😀 I have been a lot busy with academics and work lately, so I haven’t even had time to read mangas (horror!). So I didn’t realize MC started to show errors.
So why isn’t MC not working? Because I do not own the manga contents… MC fetches it for you from the host sites. And those sites have undergone an update, which means MC needs to change the way it operates as well. I will have to dig in a little, but I do not anticipate much difficulties to get at least one or two host sites working, or even more – it all depends on the time I have, and the time it takes to make the changes. Anyway, I promise I will work on it in my free time this Christmas.
So hold on for about 10 days, and stay tuned!
I know. I know I promised that a new MangaCrazy version would be out for Christmas, and I know you guys have been facing a lot of problems recently. There have been a lot of changes going around (Java 8, Windows 10 problems, Internet problems, you name it). My inbox is flooded with mails, both appreciation ones and panicked ones (!!), and the list of pending comments here in WordPress is overwhelming.
So I’m sorry, I just can’t reply to you all individually. I just hope that you drop by my blog again and see this, my answers to your questions.
- If MC is not running, PLEASE CHECK FAQ. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but there is a reason I created that page. Because. It’s got to be the MOST Frequently Asked Question here 😛
- Batoto. My nemesis >_< With every released version I update the code for Batoto and then it works… till it doesn’t. Right now they have thrown me a curve-ball and I have to do a lot of figuring out. If you are interested to know, here’s the basics: I fetch Manga images from the html code, but now Batoto fetches content via ajax so a lot of stuff needs to be changed.
- If you cannot download chapters from Mangafox and it shows unrelated error, I suggest you go to the site and open the chapter that’s failing. I noticed that some Mangas are licensed and hence not available anymore in certain regions, and that is not something MC is able to overcome at this moment. If it’s not so, I suggest you try downloading after a while, one chapter a time. It might just be a network issue.
- Will I add (INSERT_SITE_NAME_HERE) to MC? Well now that you posed the question, I now am aware of the site and if possible, will try and add it in a future release 🙂
- Similarly, will I add (INSERT_FEATURE_SUGGESTION_HERE) to MC? I have to say this, thank you for your idea(s), I really appreciate your suggestions. I may add it to MC (as I have done previously too) if it fits 🙂
- The link to MC v5.1 does lead to MC v5.1 even though the title says v5.0. I had released that hurriedly and forgot to change the text!
Since my classes started again and my coursework pile is growing at an alarming rate, I’m not able to give MC much time, and so changes are taking place at tortoise-pace. But, honestly, I will try to release the next version as soon as possible 🙂
Thank you for using MC, folks; and btw Geekista has had over 114,000 hits. When did THAT happen?!
All of a sudden my inbox was inundated with panicked messages, that instead of Manga images, one of a crazed, running Fox was getting downloaded from MangaFox.
So without further ado, here’s a quick release.
DOWNLOAD MANGACRAZY V5.1
Knowing how urgent this release was, I have made only a few modifications to get this version out ASAP. You may expect a major update in December.
- Fixing of “Downloading loading image from MangaFox” error
- Corrected the title of message dialog
- Customized name of downloaded images
Like I said earlier, much more to come.
It’s been a long time since I’ve last posted anything here; I won’t ramble and cut straight through.
A new version of MangaCrazy is now long overdue, and I plan to work on my code once my vacations start. This release I will be focusing on pressing issues like:
- Updating the code to work with changes made by Batoto and MangaReader
- Add proxy settings so that the network issues faced by some will be resolved
- Make MC compatible with Win 8.1 and Win 10 : especially compression issues
So look forward to a revamped MC this Christmas!
This is a happy Geek, indeed!