Hi guys! I have noticed that many of you face similar problems and have to wait for an answer from me. So I have consolidated some of the most frequently asked questions and the answers to them here. If you have any other queries or the answers here do not help, please add them as comments here. If it’s an error you are about to report, I suggest you taking a peek at this page: Reporting Error. Remember to go through the previous questions as well – maybe I have already provided the solution!
1. Double-clicking MangaCrazy.jar opens WinRar/Nokia OVI/any other software instead of running the program. What should I do?
If the file does not run on double clicking:
- Please check if you have (the latest version of) JRE installed on your system.[JAVA 8]
- Check your .jar file association – it might have gotten associated with some other program like WinRar (esp in case of Windows). However, don’t worry as this can be fixed. This is how: http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html. I’ve tested it myself and it works.
- But if it doesn’t, there is the command line way.
- Command line way: From terminal or command prompt, go to the location where you have stored the MangaCrazy.jar file and type:
java -jar MangaCrazy.jar
2. I connect to Internet via proxy, but MangaCrazy uses the default connection. Is there a way out?
Yes, Proxy settings are available in MangaCrazy from version 5.2. If there are problems, Java provides a way to use proxy connections. Here is a link that will definitely help you: How do I configure proxy settings for Java?.
3. I want to paste a link in MangaCrazy, how can I?
If you are using MCv5, then right-clicking on the textboxes will give you the option to copy/paste text. If you are using an older version (MCv3.9 or lower), then you can use the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C/CTRL+V (for Windows and Linux), or Cmd+C/Cmd+V (For Mac OSX).
4. MangaCrazy is downloading the images but not compressing the files/ My preferences for MangaCrazy are not getting saved. What’s wrong?
There might be permission-issues, that is, the folder where you have kept MangaCrazy in/saved your mangas in may not permit MC to carry out certain actions. I suggest you shift to a new folder in a relatively mild location like Desktop/Downloads and try again. If you still face problems, please let me know.
5. I am getting a “No Internet” error message even though I can open sites in my browser. What’s wrong?
Well, the No Internet error message basically encompasses two situations: Firstly, internet issues on your side, and Secondly, internet issues in the site you are trying to download mangas from. It maybe that the server the site is hosted on is overloaded or is slow to respond. Try again later, or switch to another site. If you continuously face the problem, then report the error down below.
6. When is the next version of MC coming up?
MangaCrazy is a personal project; I do not receive any monetary satisfaction or any sort of recognition. I also have other hobbies and interests, as well as my studies. So I can’t devote much time to MC. That being said, I do love mangas, and I am continually amazed by the response and encouragement you people give me and my downloader. So, though not lightning-fast, there will be more versions, and I will let you know when 🙂