Update [1 April 2016] : MC v5.2 is already out – Grab it now! And no, this ain’t an April’s Fool prank ^_^
Yes, you read that right. It’s been months since the last version, and many of you have asked me so many times when I’ll be releasing the next version. And now I can finally answer: in less than a week.
What to expect in MangaCrazy v5.2:
- Queued downloads. A popular demand and much needed feature, now MangaCrazy will queue the downloads in the order you add them. This will definitely reduce the pesky ‘Error’ statuses by a great deal. Finally you will truly be able to enjoy the benefits of the ‘Download All’ button.
- Site issues fixed. Except for Batoto, all the other site options are working perfectly now. I’m going to work on Batoto’s issues for some more time, but if it takes too long, I will remove the site option for the time being. I’m sorry, Batoto lovers, but I want to release the extensions I’ve been working on ASAP.
- Proxy Settings. You asked for it, and you will get it. MC v5.2 will support proxy settings.
- Not a very important addition, but now you will know exactly how long to wait before the download begins. No longer to stare at the ‘Verifying’ and ‘Starting’ phases, wondering if something is wrong lol.
These are stuff I’m working on at the moment. If I find the time, I may add a new site or two to the supported sites list, but I can’t guarantee that. However, know this: MC is going to be more reliable than ever 🙂
Have a Good Friday! (Pun completely intended)
It’s been a long time since I’ve last posted anything here; I won’t ramble and cut straight through.
A new version of MangaCrazy is now long overdue, and I plan to work on my code once my vacations start. This release I will be focusing on pressing issues like:
- Updating the code to work with changes made by Batoto and MangaReader
- Add proxy settings so that the network issues faced by some will be resolved
- Make MC compatible with Win 8.1 and Win 10 : especially compression issues
So look forward to a revamped MC this Christmas!
This is a happy Geek, indeed!
Lo and behold, version 3.5 is here! I’m sorry for the late update… Not sure if you know, but I am 2 months into my new (and first) job, away from home, and working for almost 12 hours ( 😥 ). Gone are the carefree college days. There is one perk though: I’m spending my time coding; I’m getting paid for something I love to do. So Geekista is mollified.
Back to the topic, this upgrade is very, very essential. There was a major assumption in my search algorithm, which sometimes selected the wrong manga. It’s fixed now, let me assure you. Thanks, Nahla, for pointing it out! I also want to thank all the others who left such wonderful, encouraging comments and took time to mail me, and mentioned me on Twitter! They really make my day.
I have also played with the UI a bit. I have not changed the color/theme in order to keep the interface familiar, but hopefully it will feel smoother now. So if you use MangaCrazy, thank you so much, but please get this latest version!
As usual, the file size is ~110KB. The download link is present in the main download page, and on the sidebar. Happy Manga downloading!
[Note: After seeing that some of you are interested, I have enabled elaborate error messages in the console. So if you run the application from there, you would be able to find out exactly what went wrong. And I’ll be extremely grateful if you reported those messages to me so that I’ll be able to fix them too. Thank you!]
I’m very sorry for the very long wait! It definitely took me longer than I thought to finish my other responsibilities before I could get down to work on my poor Downloader – and honestly a lot of other stuff is still pending. I got a job (yay) and I have tons of paperwork to complete before I leave, but still I somehow did manage to sneak some time for my pet project 😀 So behold the new version! And here’s a treat: MangaCrazy v3.0 now supports Mangareader.net and Mangabird.com!! ^_^ Just select the site you want to search in, enter the manga’s name and voilà! I worked on fixing the Batoto part too, but there wasn’t much I had to do. I realised what was wrong only now: Batoto does not host many licensed mangas. So while the chapters would show up using the other sites, Batoto would fail… And I thought it was a bug in my program 🙂 #phew I have fixed some issues with the compression, so hopefully now the errors would be more infrequent. The chapter/volume storage needed a bit of tweaking too, and now it’s done. I had planned v3.0 really ambitiously, had aimed to add much more sites, but sadly I ran out of site names! These are the sites I frequent the most. If you guys visit/prefer some other sites, please, do mention them in comments so that I can add them too! And for those who are newbies and don’t have any preference, here are a few tips:
- If you want your manga to be stored in really systematic manner, go for MangaFox
- If you want your scans/images to be of high(er) quality,goforBatoto. Of course, accordingly the image size would be larger (not too much though))
- However, some licensed mangas are unavailable in Batoto
- Batoto being scanslator-friendly, the naming might be a bit off, but I have made it to be as systematic as possible
- Between MangaReader and MangaBird, I have no preferences. Sometimes MangaReader loads faster, and sometimes MangaBird uploads the raws (aka spoilers), so if you can’t wait for the translations…!
I wish to thank all you people who took some time to leave behind your comments. And I hope you would like this one too. And naturally, being a sort of airhead, I might have overlooked some test-cases and situations. So if you run into any problems or find any bugs, please let me know!
Download MangaCrazy v3.0! [Size ~ 108 kB] The file has been moved to archives. Please download the latest version from the main MangaCrazy Downloads page, or from the sidebar. Thank you!
See, it seems there is a problem. TWO, in fact! *Oh God*
First – Batoto.net did something. They changed their site’s format or something, I haven’t really investigated what, but MangaCrazy is able to extract only first few chapters of a manga, and that too incompletely… Argh! Good news is, Mangafox is still accessible. Mangafox is currently making some manga titles (once they are licensed) inaccessible in certain countries, but fear not. MangaCrazy can still download them!
So folks, make sure that the site you’re searching is Mangafox in the Options/preferences… Currently Batoto is the default site. I’ll fix this ASAP. (Sorry for the inconvenience! 😦 )
Second – MangaCrazy didn’t run well on Windows 8! I do NOT have Win8, so I had no way of checking on that platform and just blindly trusted omnipotent JRE. But then I wanted to show off my little program to my cousin who downloaded it on HIS Win 8… Guess what? Didn’t work -_- I’m not sure it was just his system, or is this true for all Windows 8 systems? I would be eternally grateful if you guys could just give the program a trial on whatever platform you use and let me know if you faced any problems. (The link is on the sidebar)